Domestic Abuse Helpline
Learn how to cover your tracks after browsing the web, to clear some of the evidence about the sites you have visited.Read More
FAQs & Myths
Become a Member
Can you help us?
North Ayrshire Women’s Aid is a voluntary organisation which offers support, information and a safe place to stay for women, children and young people experiencing or fleeing domestic abuse.
Membership of the organisation is open to women residing or working in North Ayrshire and the surrounding areas who are interested in furthering the aims and objectives of North Ayrshire Women’s Aid. These are:
- To provide temporary refuge for women and their children ( if any) where the woman has experienced domestic abuse from their partner or ex partner
- To offer support, information and help to any women, children and young people who ask for such help whether or not they are resident in refuge and also to offer support and information to any women, children and young people who have left refuge./li>
- To encourage women to determine their own futures/li>
- To raise awareness of the effects of domestic abuse and its prevention in the community and its representatives, including statutory and voluntary agencies./li>
- To encourage the research into the causes, prevention and relief of domestic abuse and the effects on women, children and young people./li>
- To encourage any training that furthers the objects of the organisation/li>
Members of North Ayrshire Women’s Aid will receive a newsletter of the activities and events of the organisation and be invited to take part in business of the Annual General Meeting.
The Board of Directors are elected from the membership at our Annual General Meeting.
There is no fee for membership.
Membership will be awarded on the completion of an introduction session on the history and ethos of the organisation.
The introduction session will cover on the following topics:
- Introduction to Women’s Aid services in North Ayrshire
- Understanding Abuse
- Effects of Domestic Abuse on Women, Children and Young People
You can download and print off the form by clicking this link, or fill out the form below;